Make this crowd-pleasing appetizer for your next party!
- 3 qts popped corn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 stick oleo or butter
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Put popcorn in a pan that can go in the oven.
- Combine sugar, oleo and syrup and bring to a boil. Boil without stirring for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda, it will change consistency and get “foamy.”
- Pour over popcorn and stir until coated.
- Bake in a 250-degree oven for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
Check out even more fun recipes with one of our many delicious cooking classes! See the full schedule of classes online.