Chef Steve Hall, one of our wonderful instructors, shared his recipe for this delicious pesto-like sauce. Use as a topping for grilled meat or fish, or add a spoonful to a creamy bisque or roasted veggies. There are a number of possibilities!
- 1 cup packed Italian Parsley (small stems OK)
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves
- Zest of one small lemon, plus 1 – 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper, more to taste
- Pinch chili flakes – optional
- Place parsley, garlic and zest in a food processor and pulse until chopped
- Add oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Pulse again, until uniformly combined but not too smooth
- Add chili flakes for a touch of heat if you like.
- Store in a jar in the fridge for up to one week.
Enjoy! Join Chef Hall in the classroom for more tasty recipes, with one-night cooking classes like:
- Comforting Soups: Learn the preparation techniques for four soups: a broth, puree, cream and chowder. Register online
- Mediterranean Seafood Dinner: A three-course Seafood Dinner for the true Seafood Lover. Including Appetizer, Salad, and Entrée featuring a variety of Fish, Mollusks and Crustaceans. Register Online
- Steak Night: Learn the secrets the restaurants don’t want you to know. This class is all about the beef. Rounding off this amazing meal will be steakhouse favorites such as hash brown casserole and grilled vegetables. Register Online
See all the delicious cooking class we have coming up in September and October at eicc.edu/cooking